Since we started the Carbon Savings Project in 2013 we have reduced Gate Church's carbon footprint by installing a wide variety of energy efficiency measures to both Grade A listed St Marks church and the community centre at Greenfield Place. So far we have:
- Insulated our walls, floors, roofs and loft spaces
- Double glazed or secondary glazed all of our windows
- Installed draught proofing and high thermal performance doors
- Zoned and Insulated our heating system
- Replaced all of our traditional light fittings with LED equivalents
- Installed a rainwater harvesting system
- AND Installed 38 solar panels
All of this has allowed us to reduce our gas and electricity usage by over 60% but we still want to do more! Our plans for the future include installing further insulation, adding to our existing rainwater harvesting and Solar PV system and even installing a Micro Combined Heat and Power System - a renewable technology that generates heat and electricity simultaneously.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
We are always keen to help other groups who want to make similar changes to their own buildings so if you want to find out more about any of the energy efficiency measures we have installed then please do get in touch and we would love to tell you more about them. You can get in touch with us through the Contact page, by emailing email@example.com or call us on 01382 221222.
Alternatively you can drop in for a guided tour during our Doors Open Day event on Saturday 8th September.